Equity and E&T
Disability Sport Wales is proud to have been awarded the Positive about Disabled People charter mark by Jobcentre Plus. This demonstrates that Disability Sport Wales is committed to employing people with disabilities, and has agreed
- To interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what you and they can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities.
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment.
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make your commitments work.
- Each year, to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them, and let employees and the jobcentre plus know about progress and future plans.
Disability Sport Wales has held the mark since November 2009. For more information on Positive about Disabled People, visit http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Employmentsupport/LookingForWork/DG_4000314