Welcome to the Pembrokeshire page on the Disability Sport Wales Website.
My name is Angela Miles, Disability Sport Wales Development Officer for Pembrokeshire. I am based at Sport Pembrokeshire, County Hall, Haverfordwest
Within Pembrokeshire there are currently existing clubs and provisions offering a variety of sporting activities for disabled people, ranging from football, swimming, boccia, bowls, gymnastics, target shooting and wheelchair basketball. At present I am also working with Golf Development Wales on an inclusive golf project.
Our vision here in Pembrokeshire is: Every person in Pembrokeshire to be more active more often
1. Encourage more people to take part in inclusive Sport and Physical Activity more often and to adopt an overall healthy lifestyle (3 x a week all ages)
2. Ensuring all children (aged 11) are competent in water based environments.
3. High quality sporting experiences at schools for all children across all key stages of learning.
4. Increase Junior Club membership.
5. Continue to develop a passionate and capable workforce, including improving the quality and quantity of sports related volunteers.
Insport are Federation of Disability Sport Wales (FDSW) programmes which intend to support National Governing Bodies of Sport (insport NGB), Local Authorities (insport Development), and clubs (insport Club) to provide inclusive, quality sessions to disabled people within their communities and at a level of their choice or potential. FDSW have designed the insport programmes so that they support the partner in developing inclusive provision, opportunity and practices which will ensure that disabled people gain access to the level of participation/performance they require. The foundations for the programmes are built on the assumptions that if the principles of inclusion are embedded within everyday practices then everyone in the organisation will benefit. There are four levels of insport, ribbon, bronze, silver and gold.
Sport Pembrokeshire have now gained insport bronze development and are now working towards silver
I update the website with news, events and up and coming courses so please check regularly!
Name: Angela Miles
Phone: 01437 776379
DSW Development Officer
WWBA are advertising now for the Head Coach positions }