Job Opportunity - GOGA Officer LGBTQI+
GOGA (Go Out Get Active) Officer LGBTQI+
Pride Cymru & Disability Sports Wales
Conwy, Conwy Principal Area
£14,913 per year
Contract, Part-time, 3 days a week - 21 hours
Closing date: 3 January 2021
Job ref: GOGA Officer (LGBTQ+)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to coordinate the delivery of GOGA opportunities to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer / Questioning + (LGBTIQ+) children, young people and their families focusing on enhanced engagement with active recreation together across Flintshire, Denbighshire and Conwy.
The post holder will co-ordinate the Spirit of 2012’s & The London Marathon Charitable Trust Get Out Get Active programme (GOGA), benefitting some of the most disadvantaged and inactive young people. The project will focus on supporting individuals into (or back into) physical activity programmes.
This post is being managed in partnership by Pride Cymru and Disability Sports Wales, who manage all GOGA programmes in Wales.
This position is for someone who is committed to promoting equality and inclusion in sports and active recreation for LGBTIQ+ children, young people and their families. They will have experience in community activity, sports development, youth work or coaching and in organising physical activity, sports events and coaching sessions. They will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and a confident and persuasive communicator.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the development of active recreation programmes working with existing providers from the local community and local voluntary activity organisations for children and young people who may identify as LGBTIQ+.
- Develop a number of festivals/events to celebrate the success and share the learning of the GOGA programme.
- Map key organisations engaged with local Disabled People and facilitate working relationships with them as key delivery partners.
- Carry out regular and ongoing consultation with LGBTIQ+ children, young people and their families to ensure all needs are met.
- Facilitate inclusive marketing and training opportunities for physical activity providers, leaders and other volunteers assisting in the delivery of the programme.
- To recruit and support young leaders and other community champions and volunteers to assist in the delivery and sustainability of the programme.
- Be responsible for the overview and promotion of the activity programme within your locality, working alongside providers, leaders and community champions/volunteers.
- Be responsible for the implementation of agreed monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and the collection and collation of appropriate data to measure the effectiveness of the Get Out Get Active Programme within your locality.
- To work in conjunction with other Get Out Get Active projects to maximise learning.
- Be responsible for administrative and financial tasks associated with the Get Out Get Active Programme for your locality, and report to National deadlines communicated.
- Work in conjunction with local partners to ensure the Get Out Get Active Programme compliments and links with other Physical Activity (maybe including sport) development opportunities and programmes within Wales.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Disability Sport Wales and/or employing organisation’s Policies & Procedures, including Child and Adults at Risk Safeguarding and Welfare, Equal Opportunities, Equity and Diversity, and Health & Safety.
- Undertake appropriate Continuing Professional Learning opportunities.
- Facilitate, plan, implement and monitor physical activity opportunities for targeted Community Areas in line with UK, National and Local initiatives, targets and priorities.
- Facilitate, plan and support the implementation and monitoring of activities in partnership with local providers.
Please apply by submitting a detailed CV and covering letter to email@example.com for consideration which outlines how you match the criteria in the job description.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
JD & Person Spec