Job Opportunity: Healthy Living Officer (Disability Sport)
Healthy Living Officer (Disability Sport) Apply online
- CLOSING DATE
- REFERENCE NUMBER
- Multiple Locations
- ACTUAL SALARY
- £14,751.00 - £16,786.00 per Year
- CONTRACT TYPE
- Temporary / Fixed Term
- POSITION TYPE
- Part Time
The Healthy Living Team aim to increase the number of people taking part in sport, physical activity and play opportunities to increase their health and wellbeing. We work with a range of partners to create new and further develop existing activities for people of all ages in the Vale of Glamorgan.
About the role
Pay Details: Grade 7 – £25,991 - £29,577 p.a. pro rata
Hours of Work / Working Pattern: 21 hours per week
Main Place of Work: Work from home and office
Temporary Reason: This post is a temporary contract currently until 31/3/22 as it is funded mainly through external funding.
In partnership with Disability Sport Wales, we are looking for a Healthy Living Officer to lead on the development and implementation of the disability sport plan within the Vale of Glamorgan, and to contribute to the national aims of the Disability Sport Wales scheme. Using evidence and insight, you will work collaboratively with partners to create and implement a plan that reflects the needs of the community, with the aim of increasing sustainable participation and subsequently positively impacting on the health and wellbeing of Vale residents. The candidate will drive forward an inclusive culture throughout the county’s sport and physical activity landscape through the ‘insport’ programme and the co-ordination of a programme of learning opportunities to increase knowledge, confidence and skills amongst those who can support the delivery of sport and physical activity opportunities.
You will need:
- A relevant degree or equivalent sport related qualification
- Proven experience of working with disabled people in a voluntary or professional capacity, preferably in a sporting environment.
- Proven experience of working with and supporting community-based organisations to develop and increase sport / physical activity opportunities. Co-ordination, development and planning of inclusive sport and physical activity projects within a range of environments including community settings, with experience of adapting activities / programmes to meet the needs of the targeted groups or individuals.
- Experience of project management including creating, monitoring and evaluating development plans, ideally sports / physical activity development plans
- Experience of successful financial planning and management of project budget
- Experience of volunteer recruitment and management.
- Experience of using insight and data to inform decision making and planning, and to support learning
- Experience of implementing successful learning opportunities to increase knowledge, confidence and skills amongst others
- Experience of consulting and engaging with prospective participants, and examples of this leading to sustained participation in physical activity
- Experience of managing health and safety processes in a physical activity environment, including undertaking risk assessments
- A knowledge of disability equality issues and a good understanding of barriers that affect participation in sport and physical activity for disabled people
- The willingness to work unsocial hours, including weekends and evenings
- The ability to drive/travel throughout the Vale or between locations as appropriate
DBS Check Required: Enhanced
For Further Information, contact : Karen Davies (KJDavies@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk / 01446 704793)
Following link for further information, job description and person specification:
Job Details (valeofglamorgan.gov.uk)