Disability Sport Wales is governed by a committed board of trustees.
Together with our co-opted experts, our Board represent an array of skill sets which, when combined enable them to act on behalf of the Federation working towards our following corporate objectives:-
- Leadership and strategic direction focusing on the vision, core values and objectives of the organisation.
- To seek to ensure that there are sufficient resources available to achieve the overall vision and objectives of the organisation and controlling the application of those resources.
- Monitoring outcomes with the Executive Director and the Senior Management team.
- Liaise with Sport Wales, Welsh Assembly Government and other partners on stewardship and performance
The Board comprises of the following individuals:
- Gareth Thomas - Chair
- Neil Ashbridge – Vice Chair
- Gwyn Giffiths - Welsh Deaf Sport
- Ian Stone –Welsh Paraplegic and Tetraplegic Sports Association
- Welsh Sports Association for People with Learning Disabilities
- Anita Sharma - Board Member
- Liz Johnson - Board Member
- Joanna Hendy - Board Member
- Andrew Thomas - Board Member
- Sam Lloyd - Communications
- Ian Howse - Corporate Governance and Risk
- Jenny Cottle - Legal
- David Vickery - Strategic Finance
Should you wish to contact any of the above named people, please send us a request through the ‘contact us’ tab on this website.